Michelle Bomberger is the Founder, CEO, and Managing Attorney at Equinox Business Law Group. As a small business founder and entrepreneur, Michelle understands the emotional and practical aspects of owning and scaling a business, which makes her an effective guide for business leaders in evaluating risk and opportunity in their decision-making. She received her MBA and law degrees from Northwestern University and undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame.
Michelle serves on the Board of Directors for Bellevue LifeSpring and Youth Theatre Northwest, catering to youths and families in the community. She was honored by the Puget Sound Business Journal as one of its “40 Under 40” in 2012. In addition, she and Equinox Business Law Group were awarded the King County Executive’s Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year Award in 2013, along with being listed as one of Puget Sound’s 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2020.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Michelle Bomberger shares her journey to owning a business
- The early days of Equinox Business Law Group
- How Michelle’s business model differs from traditional law firms
- Software and tools Equinox uses internally
- Implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) in a law firm
- Why Michelle prefers generalists over specialists
- The importance of having a network of trusted advisors
- Michelle highlights the challenges of scaling her legal business
- The most crucial KPIs for Michelle
- Best lessons and advice Michelle learned from her mentors
In this episode…
Balancing a successful legal firm and mastering smart business strategies isn’t always straightforward. How does one find the sweet spot between client-focused services and business success?
Michelle Bomberger believes it’s all about integrating thoughtful legal practice with straightforward, sound business strategies. Her approach isn’t just about guiding clients through legal mazes, but also making sure her law firm stands as a model of strategic, effective business management that ensures stability and client satisfaction.
In this episode of the Financial Clarity podcast, host Hannah Smolinski sits down with Michelle Bomberger, CEO of Equinox Business Law Group, to unpack the strategies behind building a client-focused legal firm that also runs effectively as a business. They discuss Michelle’s approach to client relations, how to build a business-minded law firm, and ways to ensure sustainable growth through intelligent business practices.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Hannah Smolinski: LinkedIn | Email
- Clara CFO Group: Website | YouTube
- Financial Clarity podcast: Website | YouTube
- Michelle Bomberger: LinkedIn | Email
- Equinox Business Law Group
- “The Art and Process of Niching Down” with Natalie Eckdahl on the Financial Clarity podcast
- “Mastering Process Documentation for Business Success” with Adi Klevit on the Financial Clarity podcast
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
- EO Accelerator
- Power BI
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein
- Shannon Swift on LinkedIn
- The Ever-Changing Employment Landscape: HR and Legal Insights Webinar Registration
Sponsor for this episode…
Clara CFO is dedicated to providing financial clarity and profit-maximizing solutions to small businesses. The team at Clara CFO are seasoned accounting professionals with a heart for small business. We help growth-minded entrepreneurs thrive through Fractional CFO services and financial education.
Whether you’re grappling with hiring decisions, profit margin concerns, or ambitious growth plans, Clara CFO provides insights, recommendations, and a clear financial roadmap to achieve your goals.
To learn more about Clara CFO Group and how we can help your business, visit ClaraCFO.com.