Job Description: Virtual CFO
Hours: Part Time
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (Washington state preference)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
As a part-time virtual CFO with Clara CFO Group you will provide excellent financial advice, analysis, and support to small businesses (those making up to $5 million in annual revenue) around the country. Your goal as a virtual CFO is to guide the client to make the best decisions possible to reach his/her business goals.
The size and complexity of our clients can vary, so the time requirements to serve each client will also vary. We fit our clients needs with our CFO expertise and availability. You may have two or more clients, each requiring as little as 3-4 hours per month or only one client requiring up to 20 hours per week.
As a virtual CFO, you will be using your hard-earned financial credentials and experience to help small businesses succeed, without the crazy 60 hour/week schedule that most accounting jobs require. You are, and want to continue to be, more than just your “typical” accountant, and you love seeing the “big picture” when it comes to running a small business. You are the CEO’s trusted sidekick to support strategic decision making.
Your work in this role can be done 100% remotely through the use of video conferencing and cloud-based technology. You can design your work day to fit your life, and still be making an impact in small businesses.
You have the ability to commit to recurring meeting times with clients as well as flexible time to do any other work required for the client.
This position is part-time to begin with the option to increase your client load as Clara CFO Group grows.
WHAT WE DO
Clara CFO Group makes a difference to small businesses through our core values of integrity, quality, caring and education. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality financial support and guidance to small business owners seeking fulfillment of their personal and professional goals.
Our clients are growing their businesses (hiring quickly, expanding product lines, adding sales channels, and adding locations) and they look to Clara CFO Group for help in making the right decisions at the right time. With this direction, they can become more profitable, prepare for the future, reach their goals, and provide for themselves and their employees.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US BECAUSE YOU:
- Love improving processes and increasing profits in a business
- Enjoy looking into the future and making a path towards goals
- Care about the impact of small business in your community and this country
- Are intrigued by different business models and you consider yourself a lifelong learner
- Have interpersonal skills that allow you to talk through sensitive financial discussions with care and understanding
- Want to see your financial expertise make a real difference in the world, in a way that suits your lifestyle and flexibility needs
If you own, or intend to own, your own business and are looking to grow your client base, then this role is not a good fit for you.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Guide business owners in identifying their business financial goals and objectives
- Review past and ongoing financial information
- Provide recommendations for process improvements and/or accounting systems
- Improve reporting and accounting setup
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, and specific analysis for decision making
- Meet with business owners on a regular basis for review and discussion
- BA degree required (Accounting/Finance concentration required)
- CPA preferred, but not required
- 5+ years in an accounting, financial consulting, and/or auditing role
- 1+ years experience with small business accounting or consulting
SOFTWARE USED DAILY: Excel, Quickbooks Online, Email, Zoom, Loom
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING TOOLS, IT’S A PLUS!
Xero, Wave, Slack, Gusto, T-sheets, Harvest, QB Desktop, Google Docs, ClickUp, Acuity Scheduling, Float Cash Flow, BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- receive the respect and autonomy your skills and experience deserve, and be trusted to take responsibility for yourself, your time and your tasks in this remote environment.
- work independently the majority of the time and have your team to back you up for complex problem solving and to collaborate on client accounts as needed.
- have the opportunity to continue to grow professionally. We provide an annual stipend for work-related professional development efforts and learning opportunities.
- be part of a team of professional, competent and highly engaging professionals, with the appropriate compensation. Starting rate for this position will be $50/hour with the opportunity to increase pay quickly.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to be considered for the position, please include/submit the following to email@example.com :
1) Your resume
2) A 1- page cover letter including:
- Why you would be a good fit for the position
- Why care about small business’s financial success
- Your current weekly hour availability